Mental Coaching Institute of Barcelona Fabrice Lefèvre
The phenomena of “pressure”, stress and anxiety vary depending on the events, the positive and negative experiences of each … Athletes, and in general all human beings, may experience difficulties in stress management and anxiety at certain times in his life, which poorly managed leads to a decrease in physical and mental abilities, causes injuries and even, in certain extreme situations of chronic stress, lead to burnout.
Poorly managed stress decreases physical and mental abilities, causes injuries and even, in certain cases, can lead to burnout
Thanks to mental preparation:
- 85% of athletes say they have benefits in their performance (Weinberg and Williams, 2001).
- Of 115 professional tennis players questioned, most claimed to improve their sports performance.
- The fact of imagining a movement causes consequences on the heart rate, which means a close relationship between the mental state and the physical state (Thill, 1997).
Several authors gave a definition of mental preparation:
“A set of techniques that the athlete learns for an autonomous application, to develop their psychological qualities and optimize their performance”
(Baert and Dufour, 2007)
“Procedures, direct or indirect, susceptible to improve the psychic potential of the athlete”.
“The mental preparation proposes a set of techniques that the athlete applies in two objectives: to maintain the effectiveness of the gesture in a competitive situation and to shield against stress-generating influences.”
The mental coach seeks to develop mental abilities in order to lead to global wellbeing and potentialize performance, that autonomously. Thanks to the acquisition of specific techniques such as relaxation, mental image, internal dialogs adapted to their personality and their problems, the athlete will be able to:
- Learn to positively approach events.
- Manage stress and your motivation.
- Improve the knowledge of yourself and your concentration.
- Optimize physical and psychological activation before effort.
- Develop faculties of memorization, imagination and creativity.
- Improve your sporting gesture
In effect, the techniques used in the field are transferable daily. The athletes will feel a well-being that will go beyond the sports sphere.
The methods used in mental preparation with the athlete are also highly coveted in the business world. Employers use these techniques to improve managerial performance and / or the effectiveness of their teams, collaborators.
More than improving performance, mental preparation allows the personal development of the individual (Abrezol, 2002).
The themes used in the company will be similar to those of the sports world:a las del mundo deportivo:
- Stress management
- Cohesion of the groups.
- Managerial leadership
- Performance with the development and optimization of mental qualities.
- Mental image.
- Goal setting.
All the emotions we feel are manifested in the beating of our heart. Nowadays it is called Cardiac Pulse Variability (CPV) to the reflex of the emotions in the cardiac pulse. Through this measure, modern technology can measure and analyze the nervous system, such that a high VPC is an indicator of an emotionally balanced individual. An increase in variations, as well as problems with their regularity, are good warnings of the level of stress that a person is going through. Thanks to the powerful tools available to us to analyze VPC, along with appropriate exercises, you can learn to regulate emotions, lower the level of stress and balance the heartbeat.
Our evaluation tools
MENTALBODYONE CONCEPTente- entorno
The techniques used are based on:
Role playing game.
Acting in situation.
Preparation for the defense of projects, interviews, conferences …
Group mental preparation sessions are also very effective for:
The group cohesion.
The management of conflicts.
The optimization of leaders.
Determination and mutual commitment.
The methodology is organized in:
- The analysis of the context and the viability of the intervention.
- The evaluation interviews, tests, questionnaires …
- The writing of the objectives and the diagnosis.
- The mental preparation sessions (content, frequency, location).
- The reevaluation.